Friday, June 20, 2008

Enjoy the present moment


Today we celebrate the Midsummer festivals. It is a magical day when the day is actually longer than the night. The sun won t go down in the northern Finland, and even here in the south, we only have a couple of hours of dusk - like on a cloudy day. We Finns are used to the light, but tourists often forget to go to bed.

This summer is exeptional for our family, because we are not travelling together. The last five years in a row, we
have been travelling around Europe. I love travelling, it is always exciting to explore new countries and places, but I absolutely adore my time here at home. For the first time in years I have a kitchen garden, and I sometime take my laptop out to work on the patio under a big birch with live music from all the birds.

Now it is the time to enjoy the summer, the warm and / or the rainy weather, all the bugs ( we have millions of them here ) without any worries about the holiday coming to an end, the beginning of the schools, cold and wet autumn and... ( gasp! ) the winter.
We Finns keep reminding each other of the days getting longer again and talking about the summer as if it already has ended. I promise myself to stay here and now, enjoy the summer, the light, the flowers and even all the bugs.

It is a perfect time to reload your batteries with energy, by resting, eating healthy and staying outdoors moving your body. I feel extremely inspired by all the rest and the beauty of the nature, so I reload my batteries by planning new and exciting programs for my clients. It is so fun and exciting that I almost can t fit into my skin.

I just love t
his time of the year......



No comments: